Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 6

This week was a very engaging and instructive experience on how patience is a virtue.

On Monday, I ran Wes plates on the mid pre frontal cortex region of the brain. Unlike all other days running Wes plates, I ran four plates on the same samples but for both neuroligin1 and glypican4 to determine protein amounts of both in those Wes plates. After running those plates, I did some work on my study design as well as some housecleaning work.

On Tuesday, I checked the Wes runs that we had ran the day before. The result was unexpected. All of the four runs were all off because there was no peak for our biological control, GAPDH. I was shocked and alarmed at the scenario presenting itself. After managing some sample work as well as some data analysis, I called it a day.

On Wednesday, Caitlin and I ran our optimization plate for the MPFC region to ascertain the flaws in the samples. After this, I worked extensively on my study design and analyzed some data.

On Thursday, I looked at our data and ascertained that the biological control was still not present and therefore we needed to run a total protein assay to map out the protein involved. After prepping that plate, I called it a day.

Till next week, signing off.






No comments:

Post a Comment