Friday, April 1, 2016

Week 7

Well, the good news for this week is that I learned a lot about how to really create a study design for my SRP and gained an unique understanding for the importance of preparation and direction in research.

The bad news: I couldn't run Wes plates this week, as Sarah and Dr.Thomas want to still trouble shoot the problems that have been plaguing the machine.

On Monday, I, along with Caitlin, worked to find and locate samples from the hippocampus region of the brain. The MPFC region was not producing great results for the most part so Sarah decided that I should instead focus on the hippocampus region and to gather the samples we need. After accomplishing this, I went to work on my study design and called it a day.

On Tuesday, I worked again on sample collection as well as working on my study design.

On Wednesday, since Caitlin was not here, I could not work on the Wes. Instead, I helped Samdeet on his project, working on data collection.

On Thursday, our lab discussed the need for accurate study stipulations in research, such as randomization etc. I then helped clean out the freezer as well as working on my study design.

Till next week, signing off.






No comments:

Post a Comment