Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 8

This week has been an unique experience as well as a lesson in the finer points or research.

On Monday, I started work on my SRP presentation with the help of my adviser Sarah. After a few hours, I attended a meeting with Dr.Thomas and Sarah where we discussed previous medical school applications and talked about what it takes to become a successful pre med student. I found the meeting a great lesson on the trials and tribulations of the medical profession and what it takes to rise above other pre med candidates. After that, I called it a day.

On Tuesday, I ran a Wes plate testing many different regions, reagents, and antibodies to determine problems with the Wes machine. After that, I worked on my presentation before calling it a day.

On Wednesday, I arrived to see that the plate was completely messed up due to the fact that we used an expired Wes plate. I then helped run a redo of the same plate again to assess the same issue again. After that, I helped organize a few papers and worked on my presentation.

On Thursday, in the lab meeting, we examined a publication and assessed its major flaws. After that, Sarah assessed the data and gathered that the region was messing with the data. Then, as she meet with Dr.Thomas and did some work for the rest of the day, I shadowed other researchers at the lab and called it a day.

Till next week, signing off.




No comments:

Post a Comment