Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 9

Well, this week has been kinda of a doozy.

Ever since I figured out along with my supervisor Sarah that the issue with the Wes machine may be with the tissue, we have decided to check every individual Wes file for flaws in every plate to send it to Protein Simple, the company that manufactures the machines, to aid them in diagnosing the issue.

So for the past 4 days, I have been entering Wes files into an excel spread sheet by documenting each file based on what antibodies they displayed. In each folder, I then assessed what region of the brain we were testing, the date it was ran, whether the run worked, what peak did the antibody fall under etc. We are about 50%-60% through in accessing all the files.

Along with working on the files, I have been working hard on my literature review that can go into more detail on my project as such. When I am finished with the literature review, I will send it out through the blog. 

Hopefully by tomorrow or next week, we can get back to working on Wes plates and continuing our study.

Till next week, signing off.



No comments:

Post a Comment